Friday, January 20, 2017

"Our Caribbean" is still worth a visit...:-)

We wrapped up our yearlong exploration of Our Caribbean: A Gathering of Lesbian and Gay Writing from the Antilles (Thomas Glave, editor), one of our three third-Wednesday anthologies from 2016, this past Wednesday.

I want to thank Keith Cohen for his expert facilitation of those discussions, and encourage those of you who were unable to attend those sessions to consider reading the book, or at least dipping into it.  Like most anthologies, it is uneven, both in the writing and coverage; but, on balance, I think I speak for those of us who read it when I say it was worth the time we invested.

Because the book is somewhat expensive (though used copies are available and affordable), I would be happy to lend my copy to anyone who wants to take a look before committing to a  purchase.

No comments: