Tuesday, June 25, 2024

And yet more Pride Month poetry

From the American Academy of Poetry:

Please join us in celebrating the 36th annual Lambda Literary Award winners and finalists by reading a selection of the work on Poets.org: 

“From Xibalba [You want to know where you come from.]”
Stephanie Adams-Santos

“Two strangers”
Kimberly Alidio

“What We Lost in the Swamp” 
Grant Chemidlin

“In the Wild”
Jennifer Conlon

“I Asked Why Have You Denied Yourself Love” 
Sierra DeMulder

“Reversal”
Danielle Cadena Deulen
“Invasive”
Robin Gow

“fragments salvaged from the oracles of mama-n-em”
Destiny Hemphill

“Family of Origin Content Warning” 
K. Iver 

“In the Middle of the Pandemic I Keep Typing Powerflu When I Mean to Type Powerful”
Alyse Knorr

“Garden State”
Margaret Ray

“Trace Evidence”
Charif Shanahan
“No more compulsion to hide. In a hilly west coast city, you will know the bodies of other women with bodies akin to yours and, as the cliché goes, it will all feel like home.”

From Dawn Lundy Martin’s letter to her younger self, inspired by the anthology The Letter Q: Queer Writers’ Notes to their Younger Selves (Arthur A. Levine Books, 2012). 
more at poets.org


No comments: