Saturday, July 22, 2023

Calling all Francophiles!

I know several members of our merry band have spent significant amounts of time in France and/or are fluent French speakers, so I'm hoping they're already planning to attend our upcoming discussion of Eduoard Louis' Who Killed My Father. But if not, let me take this opportunity to invite all Francophiles to join us at 6:30 p.m. (note the new start time) on Wed., Aug. 2, at the Cleveland Park Library.


On a related note, Lee Levine shared this with me: "My father had a business trip to France back in 1977 and brought back this poster. It's actually one poster printed front and back. It stayed in a poster tube for over 40 years, and some people no doubt would say it should have remained there. I don't think it's how Americans would show dissatisfaction with a system or air a grievance, so maybe there's something particularly French about it."



No comments: