Friday, December 4, 2020

"Drag Queens and Beauty Queens"

Several members of BookMen DC have written or edited books over the years, but as far as I know, this is the first time one of us has garnered a photo credit. Congratulations, Robert! 


He explains: "I've always wanted to be mentioned in a book. However, I'm not so sure I had this title in mind! A professor from Stockton University wrote a book about the gay scene in Atlantic City in the '80s, '90s, etc. Someone showed her this picture of when I was visiting some friends there in 1981 and asked me if she could use it."


The author's name is Laurie Greene and the book is Drag Queens and Beauty Queens: Contesting Femininity in the World's Playground, published last year. I've just ordered it, and may nominate it for our next reading list.







1 comment:

DCSteve1441 said...

Thanks to Tim Walton for formatting Robert's photo and guiding me through the process of posting it (something I hadn't yet tackled in my new role as blogmaster).