Monday, October 5, 2015

Looking for free/discounted LGBT ebooks?

Though I know electronic books are a godsend to many readers, I only own a Kindle because two dear friends generously gave me one for my birthday a few years back. And like the little old lady from Pasadena who only drives her car to church, pretty much the only time I use mine is when I'm traveling.

However, I am trying to get with the times, especially since more and more of our Bookmen selections are available in electronic formats. Toward that end I recently joined BookBub, a free email service that alerts readers to free and deeply discounted ebooks which are available for a limited time. It offers more than two dozen genres of books, including LGBT, mystery, romance, literary, historical fiction, nonfiction and more, from which readers select genres they want to receive notifications about.

The site doesn't simply collect every free or bargain e-book on the market, but emphasizes those of sufficient quality that you might well consider buying them at full price. In most cases, the deals can be purchased for any e-reading device, including Kindle, iPad, Nook and Android.

Click here for further details, and if any of you patronize similar sites, please post an item about them on this blog!

No comments: